Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The intro.. To the net

So as I get into my blog for the next month i'm first going to give you a run down on what it all is going to be about. For my Intro to College Writing class as well as my Contemporary Native Life class we were assigned to pick an object from the Alaska Museum to write on and study throughout the semester. The object that I selected was the Willow Root Fish Net. I selected the object because it has some significant personal importance to me. My family commercial fishes every single summer in the waters of Bristol Bay. So it was a no brainer for me to select this object because it has so much personal importance to me. But as I began to dig deeper and deeper into the object I uncovered so much more that I ever imagined could be with just a simple fish net. As this month gets going follow along with my blog to discover the abundance of historical and cultural significance the Willow Root Fish net withholds!

No comments:

Post a Comment