Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Nutrition of SALMON!


Writing this blog really got me thinking about the health qualities of salmon. Because thinking about just the net in general got me thinking about all qualities of Salmon. As you look at the net you can really tell that a ton of time and extreme effort got put into making each and every single line of webbing, every knot tied, and every bone fastened to the line. So I started to think that well of course the Salmon provided an abundance of food to the Alaska Native people but there had to have been a pretty significant nutritional importance that the salmon provided. As I dug a little bit I discovered that Salmon has a significant amount of Omega3 which is very important t helping with memory, why is probably why elders have so many great stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment